Saturday 1st May: 12-4pm
FOUNDATIONS OF YOGA
Are you new to or returning to yoga? Or maybe you've been coming to classes for a while but are still a little unsure of how to approach certain key poses and are still trying to work out this whole breath-body-movement piece!
Then join us for a 4 hour course on
- How to breathe properly in your practice
- How to switch on your ‘Bandhas’
- How to find ‘Tadasana’ (engaged and safe alignment) in every pose
- How to do key poses and transitions and some modifications that might help (e.g. Chaturanga - Upward Facing Dog, Downward Facing Dog)
- How to approach your practice - understanding Yogic Philosophy
- How to form a regular practice
Run by the lovely Jasmine, a qualified Yoga Therapist and Yoga Teacher; she brings a perspective of how yoga can be used not only for keeping fit and active but also to improve and maintain our general health and wellbeing.
Sunday 2nd May: 12-4pm
INTERMEDIATES OF YOGA
Have you been practicing yoga for a little while and feel you want to get more out of your practice? Do you want to understand more about the poses, breath-work and philosophy involved? Do you want to understand more about your own anatomy and how to approach poses to best suit your body's needs?
Then join us for a 4 hour course that will cover:
- Learning about 4-part and transitional breathing and how to use this to your advantage in a 'flow' style class
- Breaking down intermediate yoga poses and how to adapt these to suit your own unique muscular-skeletal structure
- Learning how to start working towards more advanced yoga poses in a way that builds the core strength and flexibility required in a way that suits your body and available practice time
- Exploring the yoga philosophy and framework that surrounds our practice and how we can start to view our experiences through this lens, both on and off the mat.
- Run by the lovely Jasmine, a qualified Yoga Therapist and Yoga Teacher; she brings a perspective of how yoga can be used not only for keeping fit and active but also to improve and maintain our general health and wellbeing.
Friday 30th April (7-9.30pm)
Yoga For Your ASS - Anxiety, Stress & Sleep!
Want to use the tools and practices of yoga to kick your ASS (anxiety, stress and sleep issues)?!
If you're fed up of falling down the rabbit hole of getting lost in your thoughts, (or controlled by them completely) and the idea of getting a FULL and peaceful nights sleep sounds like something you'd really like to re-introduce to your life then this 2 week evening course could be just what you're looking for.
Between the hours of 7pm-9pm, we will explore a range of different yoga tools and practices, including breath-work, visualisations, mudra (hand gestures), mantras, yoga poses and mindfulness based techniques that have all been linked to reducing stress, anxiety and improving sleep. We will also explore some yogic philosophy that will be relevant in helping the mind achieve our goals of more peaceful nights (and days as a result!)
These are tools you can then take home with you and put into practice as part of a regular night-time routine (no it doesn't have to be long!), that over time and practice will help you to better manage stress, anxiety and difficulties with falling or staying asleep.
Run by the lovely Jasmine, she will be using a lot of tools and practices she has learnt directly in her time training and working as a Yoga Therapist, which is where she works with clients to improve and maintain their mental and physical health and wellbeing, using the tools and practices of yoga and mindfulness.